New York Murder Defense Lawyer
A Reputation for Results in Serious Cases
Murder and manslaughter are among the most serious crimes possible in any jurisdiction. In the state of New York, convictions can result in severe penalties ranging from 15-25 years of incarceration, life sentences, and even the death penalty. If you or someone you know has been charged with murder or manslaughter, it is essential that they speak with a New York criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, call the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC at (718) 831-6072. We are available 24/7.
Homicide is a blanket term which covers a wide range of situations related to actions or inaction which result in the death of another. There are many degrees and classifications between these crimes which are determined based on the intention of the accused, the motives behind their actions, and the means in which a murder was carried out. All homicide charges require the services of a New York criminal defense lawyer.
In the state of New York, the following homicide charges are possible:
- Murder in the 1st Degree: This homicide charge results from the planned killing of another with premeditated intention.
- Manslaughter in the 2nd Degree: This homicide charge refers to a death caused during another criminal act but without premeditation or specific malefic intent.
- Manslaughter in the 1st Degree: This homicide charge refers to an accidental killing which occurs as a result of intentional choices to injure or otherwise cause harm. It can also refer to the death of someone while attempting to murder a third party.
- Vehicular Manslaughter in the 2nd Degree: This homicide charge results from the unintentional killing of someone while violating state traffic laws or driving under the influence of intoxicants whether drugs or alcohol.
- Vehicular Manslaughter in the 1st Degree: This homicide charge results from the death of someone by violating state traffic laws with a suspended license at the time of the crime.
- Criminally Negligent Homicide: This homicide charge results from careless or reckless behavior which leads to a death.
- Aggravated Criminally Negligent Homicide: This homicide charge results from careless or reckless behavior which leads to the death of a police officer while they were performing official duties.
Call the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC
At our firm, we know that time is of the essence. This is why we are available 24/7 to guide you through your entire case. Our New York murder defense attorney provides honest defense solutions to help you get results.