Providing Criminal Defense Representation to Brooklyn, NY Clients
If you are facing any kind of criminal charge in Brooklyn, NY, this can be an incredibly challenging situation for you, whether you know you have done something wrong and broken the law or are facing a wrongful accusation. In any situation in which criminal prosecution and a potential loss of your rights are on the line, it is essential to have reliable legal counsel on your side to defend your rights and ensure due process is followed. The Brooklyn criminal lawyers at PLLC Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC can provide the legal representation you need to face the New York criminal court.
A criminal case can result from making a mistake, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or an instance of mistaken identity. When you are arrested for a crime, it can easily feel as though the entire system is working against you and that your situation is hopeless. This is not true in any criminal matter, and the right Brooklyn criminal defense attorney can be a tremendous asset that helps you face your situation and overcome it with confidence.
What to Do After a Brooklyn, New York Arrest
If you are arrested in Brooklyn for any reason, it is vital to understand and exercise your Constitutional rights and to know the best first steps to take after an arrest if you’re in this situation. Every American citizen has the right to legal representation when they have been arrested, and it is vital to acknowledge the importance of this Constitutional right. Without an attorney by your side, it’s possible that the law enforcement officers handling your arrest and booking may violate your rights and the laws of due process. You also have the right to remain silent, and you should exercise this right as well. Anything you say during and after your arrest can potentially work against you as the state builds its criminal case against you.
Speaking with an attorney as soon as possible after an arrest is one of the most important steps to forming a defense against the charges you face. The police will look for anything and everything they can find to use against you as they build their case for prosecution.
They will not only look for evidence to convict you on the grounds for your arrest but also look for additional evidence that would allow them to tack on additional charges to your case. For example, if you are arrested for drug possession and say the wrong thing during your arrest or attempt to protest the situation, the police may attempt to charge you with obstruction or resisting arrest. Conviction numbers are important for them, so do not expect them to show you any leniency.
The criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC can provide the individualized attention your case deserves.
Types of Criminal Cases a Brooklyn Criminal Lawyer From Our Firm Handles
When you need legal counsel from a criminal defense lawyer, it is essential to choose a legal team with a solid track record of successful past cases with the type of charges you currently face. You wouldn’t choose a car accident attorney to represent you in a medical malpractice case, so don’t hire a defense attorney who does not have the professional experience your case demands. The Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC provide comprehensive defense representation for a wide variety of criminal charges, including:
Why Should You Work with a Brooklyn Criminal Lawyer from Our Firm?
At the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC, our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that our clients get the support they need despite the challenges they are facing. We use a client-centered approach, meaning that starting from the initial consultation, we help address any impending questions or concerns that may arise and listen carefully to understand all case details. In addition to our client-centered case approach, our firm offers the following advantages:
- Excellent Communication. Our legal team prides itself on being in constant contact with our clients, keeping them updated about their cases, and answering any questions that may arise.
- Deep Knowledge and Awareness. A Brooklyn criminal lawyer from our firm has a profound understanding of local and state criminal defense law, allowing them to give you adequate advice and strategies.
- Ample Experience. Our team has decades of combined experience working on cases ranging from drug crimes to theft crimes. We leverage our experience to walk clients smoothly through complex legal processes and provide them with support the entire way.
- Optimal Defense Strategy Planning. Our Brooklyn lawyers can assess your case to help determine which defense strategy will potentially yield the most optimal outcomes based on your goals.
- Negotiation Skill Sets. At our law firm, our legal team knows how to negotiate. Based on the details of your case, we can work closely with prosecutors to strive for an option such as a plea bargain or reduced charges to help your outcomes.
Our compassionate legal team is here to walk you through each step of the way, providing thoughtful legal advice so that you can be equipped to make informed decisions regarding your case. In addition to helping defend your rights and yield optimal case outcomes, our firm is here to offer emotional support during difficult times.
At PLLC Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC, we know Brooklyn because we are Brooklyn. Ask around the neighborhood about us to hear about the positive existing reviews that we have yielded. We defend clients like they are family while providing sound legal advice and emotional support along the way. By working with a lawyer on our team as soon as possible, you can let your case fall into responsible hands.
Criminal Defense Strategies for Cases in Brooklyn, New York
When it comes to working towards positive case outcomes, having the right defense strategy is a key component. In order to develop a sound defense strategy, it is critical to work with a lawyer who will listen to your goals and clearly understand the details of your case. This will lay the foundation for building an effective defense strategy. Some common defense strategies include:
- Having an Alibi. By presenting evidence that you were not present at the time and place where the alleged crime was committed, you can potentially have your charges dropped.
- Challenging Existing Evidence. A defense lawyer can assert that the evidence presented by the prosecution is not sufficient to incriminate the defendant. They can challenge the validity of physical evidence, such as photos or documents and witness testimony.
- Proving Violation of Rights. A criminal defense attorney may try to show that your rights were violated during the arrest or evidence collection. For example, if a police officer did not read your Miranda Rights during arrest, then the case can be dropped.
- Presenting a Necessity or Duress Case. Your legal representative may attempt to show that you committed a crime in order to prevent a greater crime from happening or that you were under duress or forced to do so.
- Exposing Witness Credibility. By cross-examining witnesses, your legal defense may be able to show that the witnesses do not have reliable stories or that their stories contradict one another.
- Expiration of Statute of Limitations. If the statute of limitations on your case is expired, then your lawyer can present this information to get the case dropped.
- Showing Lack of Intent. For many crimes, in order to convict a defendant, it is a requirement that intent to commit the crime is proven. Therefore, a lawyer can show that the crime was committed by accident or that there was a lack of intent as a defense.
In order to know which defense strategy is right to fight your criminal charges, a criminal defense lawyer must have years of experience. Multiple defense strategies can be implemented together in order to build a comprehensive plan. If you are wondering which defense strategies might be most effective for your case, get in touch with a fierce and knowledgeable Brooklyn criminal defense lawyer from PLLC Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC, today.
How Much Does A Brooklyn Criminal Defense Lawyer Cost?
The cost of a criminal defense lawyer in Brooklyn, NY, depends on a multitude of factors, including the location and prestige of the firm, the experience and area of practice of the legal team, and the severity or complexity of your case details. For example, if you are facing federal charges for human trafficking, then you can expect to pay much more for a criminal defense lawyer than if you are facing minor marijuana possession charges.
Brooklyn criminal defense lawyers may charge a retainer fee, which is a sum of money that must be paid upfront in order to secure services for your case. They may also choose to build hourly, with an hourly rate ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. In some cases, defense lawyers may opt to accept a lump sum for the whole case instead of being paid for time invested in your case.
Overall, it is critical to work with a legal team that is transparent about their legal fees and other associated court fees or expenses that may come up so that you can plan adequately. At PLLC Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC, our defense lawyers are open to discussing rates and transparently presenting billing and other critical financial documents.
Contact a Brooklyn Criminal Defense Lawyer to Build Your Defense Case Now
Time is a critical factor in any criminal case. The longer you delay in securing an attorney to represent you, the more time the prosecution has to build a case against you. If you have been arrested in Brooklyn, NY for any criminal charge, you need to speak with a lawyer immediately.
The team at the Law Offices of Robert Tsigler, PLLC is available 24/7 to answer your call when you need legal representation for any type of criminal case in Brooklyn, NY. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with an experienced Brooklyn criminal defense attorney.